Friday, June 12, 2009

Celery Shooters


If you're sensing a theme lately, you are very astute. There must be a trend lately to promote celery as an upscale or trendy ingredient. Personally I blame it on the recession as celery is a relatively cheap vegetable. So here the evildoers are using the recession as yet another tool to work their vile destruction on people who are trying to watch their budgets.

In any case, the latest culinary horror I've run across are celery and green apple shots. I don't have to tell you what's wrong with this. You know. It's just wrong. It's an abomination of nature. If God wanted people to be doing celery and apple shots he would have made the two things grow from the same plant. Because he can. And yet he DIDN'T, so what does that tell you?

Seriously, people.

[photo credit: Alexandra Moss]

5 comments:

Fragrant Liar said...

He wasn't very smart? He didn't like his veggies to mix with his fruits? He knew people would swallow those celery strings and choke? I'm stumped.

MaranathaMom said...

I just emailed this to my juicing friend. He will probably try it out, knowing him!

Anonymous said...

See my previous note about things I would rather drink than this! Now add that used motor oil.

smalltowngirl said...

Brilliant blog concept! LOL...

smalltowngirl
www.smalltowngirlsguide.wordpress.com

Pamela said...

Who drinks things that are that color, anyway? And why is Google advertising Premium Celery Seeds on your blog? Subversive bastards!